History, technic of creating and some great sound of musical instrument rubab
Movies prepared by Gulu Giyoh NGO in cooperation with Development Policy Foundation and PEIPSI CTC.
Dr. Davlatmamadov Shirinbek interviewing Usto Masayn Gulomasen.
Andarob Village, Ishkashim District
Dr. Davlatmamadov Shirinbek having conversation with ustod Masayn, one of the most famous master of Tajikistan who creates musical instruments original in design and sound.
Some higlighs from conversation:
– Most instruments are made of mulberry tree bought in Khorugh and other villages for about 400 somoni
– Rubab also can be done from apricot tree, but it needs hard efforts: for two three months it stays in a water morover it is too mild for rasp
– All instruments are made without any electrical appliances, mostly because there are no conditions
– Usto Masayn started creating musical instrument from 1973, to expand the range of Pamir musical instruments
– Some instruments of Usto Masayn are placed in Tajik National Museum in Dushanbe
– All rubabs created by Usto Masyan have they own original names, like Masrud (mas-Masayn and rud- string) or Panjrud (panj-five and rud- string).
– Usto Masayn not only creates this new sort of instruments, but also recreates old one